I got myself into it again, but this year it’s going to be a lot more work. I’m doing the Steampunk fashion show at the Steampunk convention again in July. This time the show is Friday night and has bands, a contortionist, 2 aerial silks performers, a teaser for the burlesque on Sunday, and 2 or 3 other fashion designers besides me. It’s also the only thing to do at the con during that time slot so a lot of people will be there. I have 8 models and am also making a vest for the M.C./host. (Last year, I had 6 models. 2 of them wore my costumes and 1 wore a costume I had already made for her. This is why I say it’s going to be a lot more work.)
So far I have everything ready to sew for the M.C. and all the models except one model. I still have to design and pattern her top and skirt (which, thank God, are going to be simple) but she is wearing a sort of belt/cincher/obi that just needs boning put into it, ribbon sewn over the top, and the sash attached. I have everything done for another model (see the previous entry about the cravat). Today I got the vest for one of the models around 3/4 of the way finished and got his cravat all done. Yesterday I cut out a pair of pantaloons for another model. Pretty good considering I was sick Sunday morning and spent Sunday and Monday recovering.
Here are photos of the fabrics I’m using. It was really nice of Ceegee and Katie to give me some fabrics and of some of my models to buy their fabrics.
Not shown are the vest Landon is going to wear (already finished and from 2 years ago), the fabric for Etta’s costume, the cincher/belt for Mari, and the other fabrics for Mari (haven’t chosen those yet). Sorry that my phone doesn’t take great photos plus I didn’t bother to (yet) edit them on my computer.