Hello, all! I just saw that it has been since October since I’ve made an entry here. Wow! Yes, I’ve been busy, but also had a sort of personal crisis that threw me for a loop.
I’m still teaching people how to sew, one has stuck with it, one started going to school and his schedule conflicts with the class time, and one had a hard time getting here, but I have another student.
I’ve gotten my friend’s suit jacket prototype done and am working on the actual jacket, in cream linen. Here is the proto…it’s sort of 1940’s, what he wanted.
I designed, patterned, cut, and sewed a color-blocked knit tank top, using fabrics I already had. The only things I bought were thread and some elastic. I copied a tank top I have then traced that pattern and drew and cut the color block shapes and added seam allowances. First I made this red and white one.
Then I changed the straps in the back and lowered the armscyes an inch. On the second one, since I used some power net (the olive green), I will need to wear something under it. Here are the front and the back before I sewed the shoulder and side seams and hem and added the elastic around the neckline and armscyes.
Here are the photos of the finished garment.
Sorry the photos aren’t that great…the camera in my phone isn’t the best one. The hem on this yellow one was done with a double needle and the garment right side up. This mimics a cover stitch. The seams and top stitching were done with the zigzag for knits AKA lightning stitch, which is a narrow, slanted zigzag.
As always, I welcome comments and questions.